vendredi 13 décembre 2013

[30 Letters Challenge, Day 5] To my dreams

I apologise for the lack of Day 4 I wasn't home oops

Dear dreams,

Once upon a time there was that little girl, dreaming bigger than you could ever imagine. She was thinking all the time. You were her escape. She had that dream of bright lights. Of stage. Of making them all lie. Of making people proud. She had those dreams where she was finally the one people liked. Those dreams where people saw her as something else that the weirdo seating alone reading books and having good grades. Those dreams where she finally felt free.

That little girl grew up and she let people tell her that she wasn't chasing after the right dreams. She let people decide what she should be dreaming about. But the dreams of escape never stopped. She tried chasing this dream in all the wrong ways. It almost killed her you know. She lost her dreams in the process. She lost everything. She was hopeless. Lifeless. Dreamless.

But you're back now. Back in my life. I rebuilt myself and the other day I caught myself dreaming again. I dream of making that difference I've always wanted to make. But probably in another way now. I'm sorry I sucked at following you those past few years. I promise you I'll be right behind you now.

There are many dreams I've already accomplished, I think that's something I really need to realise. I'm 21 and I've played in several musicals, in front of over 1k people. I've been on stage a lot. I've known what loving someone more than yourself felt like. I've succeeded in most of my academic path. I've met amazing people. But I can't settle for that.

I think you, my dreams should be what keeps me going. I've always been very idealistic and honestly I don't se why I should change that. I see no reason why I would stop chasing you. Running after a dream you can't reach is much more beneficial to my happiness than not having any dreams to chase could ever be. So I will be that girl with her head in the clouds and her feet on the ground. And I'll be chasing you. With dedication, passion, and stamina. And I will not give up on you. Not once more.

Don't run too fast, I'm coming for you.

Louise

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire