lundi 9 décembre 2013

[30 Letters challenge, Day 1] To my best friend

Dear best friend,
It's our sixth year of knowing each other and I swear they passed in a heartbeat. I still remember who we were, I still have our first pictures. Two short girls. The blonde and the brunette. As different as ice and fire. But complementary, always. I still remember that choir we were in and how we crushed on that same boy and I also remember it was the only moment in the history of ever of us liking the same type of guy because let's admit it, our tastes in guys are pretty different. That's a good thing in a friendship, am I right?

We dressed up together. We partied together. We studied together. We cried together. We laughed together. We danced together. It's a very well known fact that everytime we party together, something crazy happens. It's a very little known fact that what we love the most about parties is what happens when we get home, it's us talking for hours just laying on your bed, us spilling every single little secret we have, without being embarassed to blush since we're in the dark and not judging anyway. You find fun in the smallest things. And I find beauty in the silliest ones. We complete each others and when one is being too pessimistic, the other one is always here to be the optimistic glasses through which she can see the world.

We've been apart, we've been through long distance, we've been through the worst parts of each other's lives. Together always. And that's worth much more than I could ever put into words. You've been my rock and my only support in so many occasions. And you know what's best? We still have a lot of things to live. I think we're gonna have really different lives, but I know we'll always find our way back to each other.
Some day I'll be your maid of honor at your wedding, and you'll be maid of honor at mine, because that's how it should be and how it's supposed to be. How we've always dreamt of it to be.
.
I love your shitty sense of humour your shitty music taste your serious moments and your bubbliness. I love you. Entirely. Even though you claim to be ginger too although you're not. Even though you actually Enjoyed HSM3. Even though you eat cheese. Even though you don't see all the great things in you. Actually, that's all those things that make me love you even more. I'm not good at forevers and happy ever afters and I know sometimes I can be a shitty friend, but we both know our friendship really is one of those that doesn't die. We don't even need to try, no matter where we go, there's always something that reminds us of one another. I see you in so many people. But they're never as amazing as you are. And when things get tough and you're not here, when it's too late for me to call you, I always go through our photos and remind myself of all the good moments together and particularly of the one when you puked in a frying pan because sorry but that was tragically beautiful.

Thank you so much. For existing, putting up with me, staying amazing, being yourself, being so different, teaching me how to sew, trusting me, introducing me to many things, following me in my most random ideas, inviting me over a good amount of times, hugging me, letting me hug you, being chill and cool, making me feel at home when I'm with you.

So here's to us, to our undying love, our bulletproof friendship, our mutual support, and to all that's still to come.
Six years and strong.
I love you so much. ♥

Louise

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire